me: i don't even care. i'm not going to talk about this anymore.
me: and you know what else? [2000 word rant]
i hate it when my “friends” just dismiss something i’m really passionate about like “oh you’re talking about that again” like shut up don’t ruin this for me do you know how many times i’ve pretended to care or even genuinely tried to get interested in what you like????? the least you could do is fake it rather than making me feel like a burden
This is one of the most hurtful things friends do
"you’ll need to know this math formula later in life"
It should say:
"You lied TO SOME PEOPLE. Because some people are not going into a STEM field. For people who are, that formula is the basis of some part of their studies and they have to know it by heart to do everything else.
i am firmly pro selfie. i am firmly pro millennial. i am firmly pro any topic or issue that gets baby boomers to write pissed off articles in salon or slate or the guardian about how the millennial generation is fucked up and narcissistic and lazy and will never be taken seriously by established powers.
Fan fiction with fluff: Read in the corner of your bed with all the lights off at midnight while you giggle and blush
Fan fiction with smut: Read in very public places or with family with a perfectly straight face
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $200,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson